Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Going Vegan... For Reals

So I am going Vegan for the month of January (including cutting out refined sugar and white flour from my diet). I am excite to begin now.... Well once all the ice cream and ginger snaps I just ate digest ;) The reason I am excited to begin now is because I have 5 more days here at home before I head back to school. Which means I get to begin playing with recipes as well as detoxing amidst my family and while I do not have a busy schedule... Though I know the Lord will give me strength and wisdom amidst my school life too :)
I must admit that the biggest fear I have is judgement from others and hence I find it all the more important that I make this commitment. Another thing that has arisen as I make this commitment is a hint of self-pity- as I hear the lie "you're the only one" and "you are doing this in your own strength"- as well as envy for my other family who are not being called to such a lifestyle. Haha it is so awesome though as already the Lord has made these feelings clear and have set me free. That's right... I AM FREE!!!!
My dad and sister have agreed to support me- and my sister will actually be cutting refined sugar from her diet as well- though my mom is still just dealing with me and letting me be me though she wants me to be doing what she has learned is "best"... Which I am definitely thankful for and love her all the more for!

On another- totally random- note: I have been blessed with the money needed for the past two payments for Haiti and I am only $250 away from having the money for my next payment!!! Morgan is also in the same position and is actually only in need of $100 for the January 28th payment!!! Our God is Jehovah-Jirah "God of provision"; He is forever faithful abc never ending!!! I love my Savior! I do not deserve his love and I can never earn it; yet, he continually pours out on me! Thank you Lord!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment